Generals is now on the third update - the latest version is 1.101 (building on 1.0, 1.05). We've fixed a number of issues in the initial release and added some new features. Here's a quick recap of some of the new features:
- Single player game progress is now saved when Generals is closed! You no longer have to worry about losing your place in the single player game when you get that phone call or text message.
- Added some stats to the lobby screen, including: the number of players online; the number of games in progress, and the number of players in the lobby.
- Re-tooled territory selection to make it easier.
- Added some new sound customization settings.
- Re-tooled the redeem cards logic and got rid of the sliding tabs (replaced by a single bar in the bottom right hand corner of the map screen).
- Many minor (and more major) issue fixes, including better memory management for a more stable game!
Many thanks to all of you who have given us glowing reviews in the app store. For those of you that mentioned areas of possible improvement we thank you too! Please "stay tuned" because the show's only just starting and many of the features requested are on their way!
Speaking of reviews, feel free to check out our latest review from the good people at appVersity! They were kind enough to give Generals an A for "Amazing". And they couldn't have put it better:
Lead your army to world domination with one of the best strategy games to grace your iDevice yet: Generals – Online Global Conquest. Generals is a near flawless Risk clone that does everything Lux does, but better. Throw in online multiplayer and you have yourself the indisputable champion of Risk clones on the App Store.
Thank you appVersity!
So, what's in store? Check out our development page to keep current; otherwise, here's a run down of what we're working on at the moment:
- Improved "human factor" to help ease new players in to the game. Improved info-graphics and in-game tips for new players that will take the edge off the learning curve. When? Next update.
- Push games! When? Very possibly in the next update.
- HD (iPad) version. When? Soon.
- More game customization. When? Soon.
- More maps. When? Soon.
Please bear with us as we'd like to see these features just as much as anyone!